For the purposes of this schedule, septage  shall be defined as follows;


The combination of Liquid and Solid Residues resulting from the treatment of domestic sewage in individual sub-surface sewage disposal system.


Percent Solids Per Gallon
In Sample__ Charge__
2.0% or less $0.04/Gal.
greater than 2.0% ($0.06/Gal) (T.S.%)2%
Where T.S. = Total solids determined by the MHMUA
The per gallon charge shall be based upon any factors determining the type, class and
amount of use or service of the system, or any combination of any such factors, and may
give weight to characteristics of the waste and any other special matter affecting the cost
of treatment and disposal thereof.

The charge for intermittent septage treatment shall be the greater of the
1. The number of gallons delivered times the per gallon charge in II.A. above OR,
2. The volume of the delivery vehicle, as posted thereon, times the per gallon
charge in II.A. above.

Subject to the availability of capacity and by prior agreement, septage will be accepted at the plant for the above listed per gallon charge.

Unless otherwise approved by prior agreement, payment shall be made on the day of the delivery and prior to actual delivery

© 2023 by Urban Artist. Proudly created with

Frequently asked questions

What are our office hours?

Our office is open 7:30AM- 4:00PM Monday through Thursday.

How often does the MHMUA invoice?

Bills are sent out quarterly.

What are the payment options?

The MHMUA accepts cash, checks,money order and certified funds at the office. We offer the A.C.H. program, the free, quick and easy way to pay your bill. You can also pay online with your checking account, debit card, or credit card. Look for the icon on our home page "PAY ONLINE". You can now sign up for EBills, which provides you with a paperless invoice sent to the email of your choice.

Does the MHMUA offer a Senior Citizen discount?

Yes, if you qualify for the Senior Citizen property tax deduction through your tax assessor's office, you can recieve a $13.00 per quater discount on your Mt.Holly Municipal Utilitiy bills.

How can I change the name on my account?

THe MHMUA requires written documentation; such as a deed, death, divorce and or marriage certificate.

How do I change my mailing address?

The MHMUA requires a written request to change the "bill to" address on an account. Send an email with your information ( Name, account number or address and phone number) to

What do I do in the event of a sewer blockage?

Please call (609) 267-1110 and someone will assist you.